Carol Nderitu: Poetry: I have come to find poetry a very effective way of expressing myself even though I have kept so many for my own reading. Sometimes whenev...
Slaves It is because you don’t see me, You don’t value me, I try to see, But your wrath blinds me, I cry for help from up above, But your supremacy and authority chain me, My children are hungry and almost to die, But you have taken away my wife, You have made their nurse a sex slave, I’m around just waiting for the next stage, The separation of my children when my smile shall fade. You have neither compassion nor a heart, You disregard I have blood that runs my heart, Yet you call me an ape from the forest, But I honestly think you are shoddier than that, You are neither a monster nor a heartless beast, I have tried to understand your impact on my fate, My wife is aghast by the portion of life, My children bewildered throughout the murky and the night, Their lives shall shrivel once I get into this boat, I will never lay my eyes on my family, I will have to toil and get trodden dearly, I just hope that my gods are watching carefully,...
Comments
Post a Comment